The best of American muscle join forces. Two of the US premier amp builders created in the 327SD, a first of its kind - an amplifier co-engineered by Diamond and Soldano. Already responsible for some of the world’s fiercest high-gain tones, Diamond and Soldano created a sound that gives America’s finest muscle cars an inferiority complex with an unparalleled reliability. Diamond has been known for some of the most modern and high-precision amps in the world. Soldano has had decades of producing what are still some of the more sought-after amps in the world. The 327SD is an unadulterated collaboration of the two and a pure merging of the finest of both. It is truly the best of all worlds.
The 327SD sounds is as its name suggests - a full-bore V8 with a not-so-street-legal header kit. Starting with the Diamond tried and true platform and heralded clean sound, the 327SD is augmented by a collaborative gain channel with similarity to the iconic SLO100 but with a modern styling so distinctive to Diamond. With circuit designs from both Soldano and Diamond, high-end components from both, and the modern features of Diamond’s products, it’s everything you could want in one 100% USA Made premium guitar amp.
At least 100 watts of pure vacuum tube power, the 327 has 2 independent channels (clean and crunch), each with their own tone controls. The clean channel is the same luscious clean channel that has been a huge favorite among Diamond players. The crunch channel? Simply amazing. Imagine the aggressive gain sounds Diamond is known for, mixed with the buttery, but big and full Soldano voicing. It’s rude. It’s mean. But it’s got that precision exhaust rich harmonic tone that makes brutal and nasty sound elegant, warm and smooth.
Channel 2 also features DA’s signature dual volume/gain design. This feature gives the player the option of having two gain settings (say for a rhythm and lead tone, or more gain for chunky heavy gain-style rhythms and less gain for more precision and clarity when playing more staccato style passages) that are accessible to him on the fly.
The rear panel of the 327SD also features Diamond’s dialable “deep” function to vary low-end resonance.
The 327SD also features a real effects loop. You don't need a foot switch; you don't have to push a button. Just plug a cable into the effects send and the loop activates. The loop is tube buffered.
The front panel features a master volume, which reads E. Return (effects return). When the loop is on, the E. Return knob acts as the amp's overall master - turn this knob up or down to increase or decrease the amps overall volume. When the loop is off, each channel's volume control acts as that channel's master volume.
The 327SD features the highest quality components and construction. Every component was selected and tested for this head. Each part was personally spec'd and tested by us to ensure maximum performance and reliability, from the transformers to the switches and knobs.
And the look is just mean. Black tolex covering and wrapped faceplate with US auto inspired silver racing stripes, metallic silver chassis, chrome accents and even a tachometer inspired control set create distinctive hot-rod look. LED's are mounted in the box to give this head its distinctive blue glow. Corner irons are included on every corner to add to the strength and stability of the box.
All its channels are foot-switchable from the 327SD's footswitch (connected with a stereo cable), included. Powered by 4 x Sovtek 5881’s and 6 x 12AX7’s. Ready for all voltages.
THE DIAMOND PROCESS
Diamond began with one goal--give the players the tone and features they need, with the durability necessary to stand up to the abuse of the road. Now Diamond is becoming the benchmark against which all other amplifiers are judged. Diamond’s iconic high-powered amplifiers have now paved the way for a top-down redesign of Class A and vintage redefined amplifiers, proving Diamond to be the all around choice for players of any class or genre.
Hand-crafted in Texas, Diamond builds amps one way - by hand and with the finest engineering available. Each amplifier goes through a 64 point quality control test to ensure reliability and consistency. Using only the finest components available, each amp is individually crafted to ensure you have the experience you want, an amp that delivers - every time - and is Guaranteed for Life.
Diamond products continue to occupy the summit of passionate desires and performance delivered to musicians worldwide as Diamond continues to reinvent what amplifiers should be. To own one is not just a privilege. It’s an invitation to both contentment and creation.
Diamond. It's what's on-stage.
- The first of its kind – a co-designed amplifier from Diamond and Mike Soldano of Soldano Custom Amplification
- 100 watts (4 x Sovtek 5881 - 6 x 12AX7)
- 2 fully independent channels (Channel 1 - Clean/Channel 2 - Crunch)
- Both Channels feature Volume, Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble, Presence
- Dual Volume/Gain Channel 2 (switchable, allows for two gain settings with 2 volumes for level adjustment to match volumes)
- Rear panel dialable “deep” function
- 2 button footswitch included for access to Ch 1/2 or Ch2 A/B
- Ohm selector switch for 4, 8 or 16ohm output.
- Blue LED's light the box for a distinctive look on stage, along with a unique 2-tone black with silver stripes racing/hot rod look including matching tolex wrapped front panel and etched zinc logo with chrome accents.
- All components specifically spec'd and tested by Diamond before inclusion in the product.
- Independent LED's indicate which volume/gain is active and whether the boost is engaged.
- Properly designed, tube-driven effects loop (shorting jack so the loop will automatically engage when cables are plugged in and disengage when cables are removed).
- Front panel Effects Return control that acts as an overall master when loop is engaged for quick overall volume adjustment.