SPITFIRE 2Sku: DIA-SPITFIRE-100
$2,899.99Made In Texas
Delivery Time: 60 days (approx)
*FACTORY DIRECT PRICE
ABOUT SPITFIRE 2
The Spitfire II (the two channel version) sports the original Spitfire I’s voicing in Channel 1 and a full, rich vintage higher gain Channel 2 with DA’s signature dual volume, gain design. Channel 2’s voicing is big and tight like the best of the vintage heads with an updated feel featuring plenty of lows and mids.
The Spitfires now also feature a “half-power” switch allowing the power rating to be changed from 100 to 50w with the flip of a switch.
The Spitfire line also features DA's signature "low focus" switch on the rear panel. The low focus switch provides 3 positions - low, mid, high. Moving from low to high focuses the low end relative to the mids and highs as well as creates an evenness across all the strings to the high E is not overrung by the low E.
To retain versatility and functionality, the Spitfire has a real, correctly-designed effects loop. You do not need a foot switch; you do not have to push a button. Just plug a cable into the effects send and the loop activates. The loop is tube buffered and will not affect your tone.
The front panel features a master volume, which reads E. Return (effects return). When the loop is on, the E. Return knob acts as the amp's overall master (turn this knob up or down to increase or decrease the amps overall volume) and the volume control for each channel acts as the effects send level control. When the loop is off, each channel's volume control acts as that channel's master volume.
Like all current and future Diamond Amplification products, the Spitfire features the highest quality components and construction. Every component was selected and tested for this head. The Spitfire features 12AX7 preamp tubes and 4 Sovtek 5881's for its power stage. Each part was personally spec'd and tested by us to ensure maximum performance and reliability, from the transformers to the switches and knobs.
The head sports a British tan tolex-wrapped front panel windowed for look and ventilation by perforated metal grille. The head shell is available in black or matching British tan. Even the knobs are metal for look and feel. Corner irons are included on every corner to add to the strength and stability of the box.
THE DIAMOND PROCESS
Diamond began with one goal--give the players the tone and features they need, with the durability necessary to stand up to the abuse of the road. Now Diamond is becoming the benchmark against which all other amplifiers are judged. Diamond’s iconic high-powered amplifiers have now paved the way for a top-down redesign of Class A and vintage redefined amplifiers, proving Diamond to be the all around choice for players of any class or genre.
Hand-crafted in Texas, Diamond builds amps one way - by hand and with the finest engineering available. Each amplifier goes through a 64 point quality control test to ensure reliability and consistency. Using only the finest components available, each amp is individually crafted to ensure you have the experience you want, an amp that delivers - every time - and is Guaranteed for Life.
Diamond products continue to occupy the summit of passionate desires and performance delivered to musicians worldwide as Diamond continues to reinvent what amplifiers should be. To own one is not just a privilege. It’s an invitation to both contentment and creation.
Diamond. It's what's on-stage.
SPITFIRE 2 FEATURES
- 100 watts (4 x Sovtek 5881 - 6 x 12AX7)
- 2 fully independent channels (Channel 1 - Clean/Channel 2 - Crunch)
- Both Channels feature Volume, Gain, Bass, Middle, Treble, Presence
- Dual Volume/Gain Channel 2 (switchable, allows for two gain settings with 2 volumes for level adjustment to match volumes)
- Rear panel low frequency 3-position adjustment switch (allows for changing the amount and character of the bottom end - effects both channels)
- 2 button footswitch included for access to Ch 1/2 or Ch2 A/B
- 1/2 Power "Pentode-Triode" Selection Switch for 50/100 watts
- Ohm selector switch for 4, 8 or 16ohm output.
- Vintage tan tolex-wrapped front panel for a distinctive look on stage.
- All components specifically spec'd and tested by Diamond before inclusion in the product.
- Independent LED's indicate which volume/gain is active and whether the boost is engaged.
- Properly designed, tube-driven effects loop (shorting jack so the loop will automatically engage when cables are plugged in and disengage when cables are removed).
- Front panel Effects Return control that acts as an overall master when loop is engaged for quick overall volume adjustment.